U.S. Green Card
Green Card is an important stepping stone for many non-US citizens to build a bright future in the United States. It has several advantages, such as being legally allowed to live, work and study throughout the US. Being a Green Card Holder also provides a path to US citizenship after 3 to 5 years of residence.
Through family sponsorship, families who are separated from one another due to distance or other circumstances can reunite. This program offers US citizens the chance to petition for their spouses, children, parents, grandparents, and sometimes siblings. Family sponsorship is an excellent way for families to reconnect and strengthen the bonds of love and trust that unite them.
Employment-Based Green Cards are the best option for anyone looking to settle in the United States based on their work experience and skills prior to immigrating. There are 5 categories of employment-based green cards which are also referred to as EB visas. These categories include:
- EB-1 Visa for Priority Workers
- EB-2 Visa for Advanced Degree Professionals
- EB-3 Visa for Skilled and Unskilled Workers
- EB-4 Visa for Special Immigrants
- EB-5 Visa for Investors
What are the advantages of Green Card?
Owning a US Green Card gives its holder nearly all rights equal to those of a US citizen. These include:
- Unlimited residency in the U.S.A
- Unlimited work permit in the U.S.A
- Unlimited and easy entry and exit without a visa or ESTA
- Visa-waived when entering NAFTA and TN member countries
- Eligibility for Medicare benefits and other government assistance after 5 years as a Green Card holder
- Application for US citizenship is possible after 3 or 5 years as a Green Card holder
Having a Green Card is a great privilege that opens up numerous avenues of opportunity. If you are interested in pursuing this option, please consult us for more information about how to be sponsored for a Green Card through marriage, employment, family, or investment.